"I remember, I think, the first time that I knew him when it was his birthday, I sent him an e-mail that said “57???? Isn’t it about time that you got a proper job? Ricky Gervais, 42, comedian.” He sent back: “I have a proper job. David Bowie, 57, Rock God."
|Hannah:||Really? Racist and ablest jokes all in one thread? Nice
|Scott L Bleasdale:||//ablest//
|Did you mean "ableist", sweatheart? Aw. Don't worry your prett... oh.
|Don't worry your little head about it.
|There. That should cover 'sexist' I think.
|Scott L Bleasdale:||Whoops! Forgot to check my priviledge.
|David Hughes:||All this went right over my head
|Hannah:||Oh fuck off, you great bellend. There's a time and a place for being a dickhead, and that's with your dickhead friends, in a place where you don't inflict it on other people. And people wonder why women and poc make a poor showing in the atheist ranks. Just look to examples like this thread.
|Scott L Bleasdale:||Really? What kind of sandwich?
|Scott L Bleasdale:||Sorry. I wasn't really listening. You were saying something about not being able to differentiate between humour and prejudice. Do go on.
|what a complete and utter fuckwit- its not humour if its not funny - I suspect you are only funny to you
As most of you know, Steven and I just drove back to Florida from Arizona but on the way here, he asked if we could stop by his friend Alex’s place for the night so we did. I’m sure some of you have seen the photo of his friend and I:
This friendly giant and his mother are two of the friendliest people I know of. His mother is disabled, so she doesn’t work and Alex is unemployed because he has to stay home and take care of his mother. They don’t have a lot of money, well in all honesty — they don’t have much money at all but they were generous enough to open up their home to us and my dog and told us to make ourselves feel at home and help ourselves to anything we wanted. I returned my gratitude towards them by buying them some groceries & lunch and they were so overwhelmed from joy because they really appreciated the help — even if it was small. Alex has gone through a lot the past couple of years and he is still one of the most humble and modest man alive so I want all of you to please either reblog this or go vote for him in this sweepstake for him to have something new to sleep on, here is his description for why he wants to win:
“Hi, my name is Alex.. I’m around 6’8.. I’m living with my mother who is disabled and she has the only bed in our house.. I am living Conway, Arkansas. I had to leave college because she needed me. I have been sleeping on couches for around 6 years.. because of my height. it’s hard to find a bed that fits me haha. This couch doesn’t fit, but I can bend my knees and be ok for the time being. I have a lot of back aches, but its ok. As long as my mother is happy and okay. Im 22 years old. I have an old Sony TV that weighs about 300 lbs and is only 40 inches big.. but the screen tears around the edges and the color is going. I’ve had couch woes for a long time, and would love the opportunity to be a part of your Cool My Couch contest. Thank you for your consideration. byebye, Alex.”
This contest does not benefit me at all, I am just trying to help him out because I know he deserves some luck in his life so if all of you could just take a few seconds out of your day and go to the link below and vote for him, it would mean a lot to me! Thank you so much if you do -
HEY MY 7,000 FOLLOWERS HELP HIM OUT!~
London Soldier Hacked To Death By Machete-Wielding Terrorists →
Since moving away from Facebook, it seems to be harder for me to get the UK news quickly.
I mean…I could just sit and watch the BBC news, and I do on most days, but yesterday I was kind of shut-off from the world because my pet died and I just got fed up.
So I wake up this morning to find out this bit of news, and I can’t help but wonder why my Tumblr page didn’t sort of explode with this?
I hate to say this guys, but if this had happened in America, I would’ve known about it moments after it happened (like every mass shooting and bombing recently). Why weren’t people obsessively posting about this horrific event?
Chances are there were lots of people posting about it on Tumblr yesterday, but as far as I could tell not a single one of the 70+ people I’m following has mentioned it…
Why is that?
cos I got stuck in a traffic jam behind a major accident on the way home- didn’t get home till 7.30pm - which Is when i first heard about it cos I have no access to the news at work- unless I log on to FB or whatever- but nobody at work said anything either so i guess none of Us knew :( Was really shocked when i got home and saw it.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THE ABHORSEN CHRONICLES:
- BADASS FEMALE PROTAGONISTS: from Sabriel the prefect of an all-girls school to Lirael a shy librarian both of whom turn into duty-bound zombie killing soldier priests who rescue princes and battle necromancers and fight against what is effectively a trapped god, you can keep your Hermione’s and Katniss Everdeen’s thanx (and can we just talk about how the girls in the school TOTALLY JUMP INTO HELP THE SOLDIERS AGAINST KERRIGOR DESPITE KNOWING THEY’RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE??)
- INCREDIBLE WORLD BUILDING: set in two neighbouring kingdoms - one resembling 1930’s britain the other a medieval fantasy realm that’s fallen into anarchy plagued by Death NOT TO MENTION the world-weary soldiers manning the wall who are sick of your necromantic bullshit
- TALKING ANIMAL COMPANIONS: not as cheesy as you think, since one is a sarcastic cat spirit who is scary as fuck when his true form is revealed and the other a wizened grandmotherly-like dog who rips out undead throats
- COOL MAGIC: though it’s complicated it isn’t once confusing and you can’t beat dual sword-and-bell wielding, bells that can land you into death modeled after the Egyptian afterlife
- GREAT CHARACTERS AND DEVELOPMENT: all the characters are forced to carry a duty and some succeed whilst others don’t but that’s okay because being born into a society doesn’t necessarily mean you belong there
- GOOD ROMANCE: it’s subtle and forged out of friendship and trust and doesn’t define any of the characters or control any of the events in the story
- NEW BOOKS COMING SOON: including Clariel which is a prequel based on Chlorr of the Mask WHO WAS AN ABHORSEN WHO TURNED EVIL!! like how awesome does that sound give me all the downward spirals for female necromancers AND there’s apparently going to be a sequel to the series too!!
- POSSIBLE FILM IN THE MAKING: which means if you wanna get on that fandom first get on it now
- IT’S JUST REALLY GREAT?? despite it being marketed as a YA book it’s still riveting and mature enough for older audiences (I think I might appreciate it more now that I’m older tbh) just UNF
NEW BOOKS WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
but yes, i’ve been rereading this series pretty much like clockwork since high school. it’s kickass.
They missed out “Over The Wall” or whatever it’s called, the book of short stories by Garth Nix, one of which focused on one of the side characters.
I love these books. Quite happy to know there’s more coming…kinda iffy about the film idea though. It can either go the way of The Golden Compass (ie, vomit enducingly bad), or the way of The Hunger Games (ie, good, but not quite as good as the book).
MORE BOOKS?? FILM???? I AM HAPPY!!!!
Can I just say that as much as I love Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Martin Freeman, I’m getting kind of bored/annoyed/disappointed at the complete lack of interest in the other two fantastic actors in World’s End?
Paddy Considine and Eddie Marsan are brilliant actors and deserve a heck of a lot more attention from the fanbase than they appear to be getting at the moment.
So everyone has been raving about Hannibal, and my wife & I decided to sit down to watch it from the start to see if we like it.
We do. We’re about to start Episode 5 now.
But first, some observations.
ALRIGHT YOU LITTLE SHITS
TUMBLR AND ITS FUTURE IS AT STAKE HERE
SIGN AND REBLOG IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TUMBLR FROM YAHOO
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I CHECKED AND THIS IS NOT A DRILL
I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
We need 5,000,000 signatures
i know there’s enough bloggers out there
hell sign twice using different emails.
My wife bought me a box of muffins. Told me not to eat them all in one night.
I made this for her.